Recipe Roundup is our weekly post where we ask our very own employees to give recipe suggestions on a weekly theme. Check back every Thursday to see what our coworkers are cooking!
Salmon Apple Salad Pia Naiditch, Marketing Associate
1 large can of canned salmon
4 big green apples, 1/2 inch cubes
3 tablespoons of mayo (go light, add a little at a time – this is a preference)
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup diced red onion
Mix it all together and voila. Tons of flavor.
Ari’s wine recommendation: pair with Chosen Barrel Sauvignon blanc. Notes of apple in the wine will blend well with the apple in the salad.
Baby Bella Mushroom Teriyaki Arugula Salad Yisroel Pekkar, Data and Inventory Management
1 box baby bella mushrooms
1 bag arugula
1 bag baby spinach
Box grape tomatoes
2 Persian cucumbers
Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat pan with toasted sesame oil. Place sliced mushrooms in the pan, saute for 1 minute.
- Add teriyaki sauce (I prefer Trader Joe’s Soyaki) and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Let cool.
- Place arugula, baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sliced persian cucumbers, and avocado in a bowl. Toss until mixed well.
- Pour the teriyaki mushrooms with the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Dressing: Optional because the teriyaki mushrooms usually provide enough flavor. Light olive oil, apple cider vinegar, drop of water, drop of honey
Ari suggests: Herzog Chateau La Clare – the earthiness from the mushrooms in the food will pair well with the wet leaves forest floor flavors in the wine, because as they say, what grows together goes together.
Latest posts by Rivqa Abrams (see all)
- Recipe Roundup – Dessert Madness - August 11, 2016
- Recipe Roundup – Meat Lovers’ Recipes for Shabbat During the 9 Days - August 4, 2016
- Recipe Roundup – Summer Salads - July 28, 2016